Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Upward and Onward

Though I apparently made the top 2,000, I didn't make the top 500 in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award competition this year. And for some reason, I don't feel bummed about it.

Maybe that's because my editor at New Christian Voices had some very awesome and encouraging things to say about me yesterday, my agent is sending my proposal off to another publishing house, I'm working out the plot for a new novel that I'm very excited about, and I'm talking collaboration with my friend Val who is a great writer.

I'm also very happy for my friend Travis Erwin, who did make the top 500 in the ABNA competition. He's also a terrific writer and friend.

3 comments:

Jarucia said...

Caron,

Sorry you didn't move forward, but I'm glad this tiny gray cloud was overtaken by a silver lining :)

Good luck with your work. It's great writing and I'm sure it'll find a home.

Caron Guillo said...

Aw, thanks, J. I'm really proud of you, and will be referring folks to your excerpt, among others, in a few days. :)

Travis Erwin said...

Thanks Caron. I'm way behind on my blog reading so I just now spotted this.