Sunday, September 14, 2008

Style Manuals

As a novelist, I've learned to consult my thick copy of Chicago Manual of Style, but now that I'm writing for New Christian Voices--and doing a bit of editing online as well--I'm diving into AP style.

Wow! There are a lot of minute differences between the two, so I'm having to stay alert.

But that's okay, because I'm committed to being a professional. And professionals aren't stubborn or sloppy.

What are you doing to pursue professionalism in your writing? (And can you tell which style I'm using in this blog?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi mrs. Guillo!
this is Greyson young. me and my mom, are trying to read your blogs.
they are full of great ideas. i should get my mom to use some of them

Caron Guillo said...

Hi, Greyson! Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you're having a wonderful holiday.