Sunday, September 28, 2008

What Next?

My novel CHILDREN OF LIGHT has received a lot of positive feedback and placed well in Amazon.com's international competition earlier this year, but the truth is that I haven't found a place for it in today's market.

Medieval novels are hard to place--especially in the Christian market, which CHILDREN is well-suited for. So I'm wondering what to do next.

Keep plugging along with it?

Shelve it until a more opportune time?

Serialize it on it's own blog, and let people read it for free, building a fan base?

I don't know, but in the meantime, I keep working on the next novel. I mean, it's only one story, right? I have dozens to tell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just keep knocking on doors God will make a way. Daily Manna from the Net for Thursday, October 2, 2008

For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God, who has saved us and called us to a holy life--not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time. 2 Timothy 1:6-9 NIV

Michael said...

I believe the correct answer is to:

1) Keep this novel in the mail until it sells
2) Keep writing new novels, one after another after another
3) Keep each of those novels in the mail until they sell

See Heinlein's Rules:
http://deanwesleysmith.com/index.php/2008/09/06/heinleins-rules-revisted/
Read the whole thing!

Also recapped here:
http://www.sfwriter.com/ow05.htm

In short: don't give up, and don't let any work be wasted. :)